The NJABA Adult Services Workgroup is dedicated to promoting the professional practice of applied behavior analysis (ABA) in adult services and increasing both the private and public capacity through the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities to provide high-quality, evidence-based behavior analytic services to all.
Christopher J. Manente, Ph.D., BCBA, Chair
Darren Blough, MSW, BCaBA, Vice Chair
Vanessa Bethea, M.A., BCBA, Secretary
Robert LaRue, Ph.D., BCBA-D, FAQ Coordinator
June McKim, M.Ed., BCBA, LBA, Website Coordinator
We are developing committees on the following topics:
1. Reviewing current practices related to the operation of Behavior Management Committees (BMC) at service-provider agencies for adults with autism throughout the state
2. Exploring training opportunities to enhance the ABA capacity of professionals in the adult service delivery system
3. Reviewing DDD’s Behavioral Support Services within the Community Care Waiver (CCW) and Supports Program to better align these policies with the standards of the profession (e.g., types of services covered, minimum provider qualifications)
Gerhardt, P. F., & Lainer, I. (2011). Addressing the needs of adolescents and adults with autism: A crisis on the horizon. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, 41(1), 37-45.
Henninger, N. A., & Taylor, J. L. (2013). Outcomes in adults with autism spectrum disorders: A historical perspective. Autism, 17(1), 103-116.
The ASWG meetings will occur once per month and will take place at the respective places of work of the ASWG membership. Typically meetings will be scheduled from 10am-11:30am and will be followed by a brief tour of the adult services facility where the meeting is held as is possible/appropriate.
Please RSVP to Christopher Manente, PhD, BCBA, Adult Services Workgroup Chair.
2016-2017 Meeting Schedule
- November 18, 2016 Host: Autism New Jersey Headquarters, 500 Horizon Drive, Suite 530 Robbinsville, NJ 08691 609-588-8200
- December 16, 2016 Host: TBA
January 20, 2017 Host: Princeton Child Development Institute, 300 Cold Soil Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540CANCELLED
- February 17, 2017 Host:Youth Consultation Services, 20 East Evergreen Avenue, Somerdale, NJ 08083
- June 9, 2017 Host: Princeton Childhood Development Institute, 300 Cold Soil Rd., Princeton, NJ 08540
Interested, but unsure if you’d like to officially join? Come to a meeting to learn more and network with colleagues. All are welcome!
For general inquiries, contact Amanda Cortez, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 609-910-0394