The NJABA Public School Workgroup is dedicated to promoting the professional practice of applied behavior analysis (ABA) in public schools and increasing public schools’ capacity to provide high-quality behavioral services to all students.
Julie Wolff, M.Ed., BCBA, Chair
Amy Golden, M.S., BCBA, Secretary
Irene Cook, Ed.D., Administrators Liaison
Marissa Gynn-Ricafort, M.A., BCBA, Northern New Jersey Region
Dania Bober, Ed.M., BCBA, Southern New Jersey Region
Denise Kerth, Ph.D., BCBA-D, FAQ Coordinator
We are developing committees on the following topics:
1. Programming including standardized and individualized assessments, curricula, best practices/quality indicators, home and community-based programming
2. Safely and effectively reducing challenging behavior including functional behavior assessments, consent, crisis, behavior plans, oversight
3. Staff training
4. Collaboration with related services
5. Collaboration with administrators
6. Legal issues related to ABA services
7. Employment-related issues
DOE Job Code – With the effective advocacy of NJABA and Autism New Jersey, the New Jersey Department of Education (DOE) created a job code for BACB Certificants. Read the DOE Broadcast here.
Department of Education’s Autism Program Quality Indicators
Department of Education’s Autism Website
New Assessment – The Dynamic Learning Maps™ (DLM®) project offers an innovative way for all students with significant cognitive disabilities to demonstrate their learning throughout the school year via the DLM Alternate Assessment System. DynamicLearningMaps.org
2016-2017 NJABA PSWG Schedule Coming Soon!
Time: All meetings will begin at 4:15pm
Location: Bergen County Special Services
450 Farview Avenue Paramus, NJ
Meeting will be held in the Central Office meeting room
Please RSVP to Julie Wolff, M.Ed, BCBA Public School Workgroup Chair
Interested but unsure if you’d like to officially join? Come to a meeting to learn more and network with colleagues. All are welcome!
For general inquiries, contact Amanda Cortez, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 609-910-0394.